NEW THIS YEAR
The Abergavenny Eisteddfod is open to any competitors, wherever they live. Vocal performances may be in Welsh, English or the song’s original language, for all except the Welsh Solo competition.
Vocal and instrumental competitions
There are six musical competitions: Solo under 25; Welsh Solo; Song from a Musical; Instrumental Solo; Choir and Champion Vocal Solo.
Dates and times
Closing date for entry is 9 June 2018
Preliminary competitions (if there are more than 3 entries, or 4 for the Champion Solo) are held on the day of the eisteddfod from 11.00 am onwards
Finals: from approx. 7 pm – 10.30 pm, Saturday 16 June
Locations for stage competitions
Prelims: Abergavenny Methodist Church, Castle Street, Abergavenny NP7 5EH
Finals: Abergavenny Methodist Church, Castle Street, Abergavenny NP7 5EH
- Prizes for most of the stage competitions are: 1st £100; 2nd £50; 3rd £30.
- For the Champion Solo, supported by Abergavenny Rotary, the prizes are: 1st £250; 2nd £125; 3rd £75; 4th £50.
- Competitors can choose their own pieces, as long as they are within 9 minutes in length.
- Competitors will be penalised if their performance runs over this time.
- Competitors must send two copies of their music, including the accompaniment, one of which must be the original, to Helen Middleton, to arrive no less than 1 week before the eisteddfod.
- Please put your name and competition number on all music. The original will be returned to you and any copies destroyed after the event to comply with the Copyright Act.
- Entrants for Under 25 vocal solo may not enter Champion Solo
How to enter
Please fill in the entry form , which you can submit online .
Alternatively, you can fill in a Word version of the form and email it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org sending your music separately, or by post, together with your music, to: Mrs H Middleton, 2 Bryn Afal, Y Pandy, Y Fenni, NP7 8DW.
For any queries, please contact: Helen Middleton: email@example.com (01873 890388)
- This year’s adjudicators are: Alex Davis and Gail Pearson. Literature to be confirmed.
- All competitors receive written adjudications and finalists performing on stage in the evening receive cash prizes.
- Visitors are very welcome to attend the preliminary competitions, as well as the evening concert where the finalists compete at the Methodist Church, Castle Street, Abergavenny.
- Entry to the prelims is free
- Entry will be by Evening Concert Programme at £3
- Photographs will be taken and may be used for publicity purposes.