Eisteddfod for adults: 18 June 2016
The Abergavenny Eisteddfod is open to any competitors, wherever they live. There are literature competitions for Welsh and English speakers, and for Welsh learners. The Welsh learners' competition is kindly sponsored by Coleg Gwent.
Please see the entry form below for more details and lists of the competitions.
Dates and times
Closing date for entries: extended to 2 June 2016
- Presentation of prizes: at Gala Concert, Abergavenny Borough Theatre, 7 pm - 10.30, Saturday 18 June 2016
Announcing the winners
If your work has been placed, you will be advised in advance of the Eisteddfod on 18 June, so that if you wish you can come to the stage finals, which are in the form of a concert. During the concert, the winning literature entries will be revealed and the prizes awarded. If time allows, selected winning entries will be read out on stage.
Winning entries may be printed in the press and/or the Eisteddfod website.
There is a first prize of £30.00 for each of the literature competitions.
How to enter
Please fill in the online entry form, which includes details of the competitions.
Alternatively, you can fill in a Word version of the entry form and email it as an attachment, together with the work you are entering, to firstname.lastname@example.org or post the hard copy with your entries to Mr Chris Ellis, 52 North Street, Abergavenny, NP7 7ED.
On the entries (items of literature) please put your pseudonym only.
- The 2016 adjudicators are Manon Rhys (Welsh and English) and Antoni Morgan (Welsh learners).
- All winning competitors will receive cash prizes and written adjudications.
- Tickets are needed to the Borough Theatre for the evening event; this year all tickes will be free.
- Photographs will be taken and may be used for publicity purposes.
For any queries, please contact Chris Ellis email@example.com (01873 853938)